Wednesday, September 22, 2010

hoarders

I've indulged in a bit of U.S. television over the past month that I've been stateside. I've discovered new shows: Sextuplets take NY, Bridezillas and checked out ones I'd heard about: Jersey Shore and Hoarders. I made it through half an episode of Jersey Shore, which was more than enough; and indulged in about two episodes of each of the others.

Yesterday I discovered "Hoarders". I was shocked by the magnitude of what I saw, and was then appalled at the "Pier One" commercial urging viewers to splurge on home redecorations.
Ummm... hello?!? TLC? Anyone home? Are you trying to help hoarders or keep them hoarding so you don't run out of episodes to shoot?
WHY IN GOD'S name would you place this commercial during this shows air time?
It's like airing a 1990's Calvin Klein ad featuring an anorexic Kate Moss during a show on eating disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog